*Guaranteed SAME DAY Results *
*Walk-Ins Always Welcome*
* Reverse Progesterone Available*
Why Test For Progesterone?
Progesterone Testing is one of the most valuable tools to a Canine Reproduction Specialist today.
Our K9DC Reproduction Specialists will use IDEXX in clinic, 12 minute Progesterone Test, in conjunction with a vaginal cytology swab, estimate of days in heat cycle or blood spotting observed to calculate optimum breeding time. Progesterone Levels are used to assist with optimum breeding time because it is the most significant indicator of ovulation. The Vaginal Cytology swab is useful to observe the percentage cornified cell count as a secondary tool for optimum insemination. Although these are simple individual tools and every female’s cycle is unique, here at K9 Diagnostics & Cryogenetics we collect and combine all the available data to calculate the female’s receptivity for breeding.
Here at K9DC we proudly use state of the art IDEXX Laboratory Equipment. This removes human error in calibrations, timing and useage of reagants, and interpretation of results which many out of date machines, tests and tester fall short. K9DC uses IDEXX Progesterone Tests which have verifiable, scientific research data documenting the accuracy of this test. Utilizing IDEXX Progesterone Test, Vaginal Cytology swab and client information about the female to be bred increases successful breedings.
K9DC has a 93% Litter Success Rate and over 1600 puppies born this year with an average litter size of 4-6 puppies.
Various insemination methods are used including Natural, Artificial Insemination, Tran-Cervical Insemination, and Surgical Implant.
Call to schedule an Appointment – Office: 858-524-6700
- Obtain a baseline measurement of progesterone and vaginal cytology at first signs of heat.
- Increase frequency of progesterone testing when 75% of cornified superficial cells are noted on vaginal cytology (typically 3–4 days after a bloody vulvar discharge is noted).
- Confirm a definitive and continued rise above 5.0 ng/mL to assess time of ovulation.
- Determine breeding schedule based on desired method of insemination and semen type.